Menu

Health and Safety News

Occupational health and safety news and guidance

Blog posts : "gase safe register"

Bedford dry cleaners fined for safety failings

29-04-2012

A chain of dry cleaners in Bedford has been fined after putting workers' lives at risk from a poorly-maintained gas boiler.

Bedford Magistrates' Court heard inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) visited Kempston Cleaners in Tavistock Street on 1 July 2011 after an alert from an …

Read more

Bradford man prosecuted for illegal gas work

09-02-2012

A gas fitter from Bradford has been sentenced after leaving an elderly woman at risk when he fitted a new boiler at her home.

Gareth Harland, of Milligan Avenue, carried out the work between 19 and 27 February at the woman's home but failed to seal the flue to the building. Unhappy with the work, th…

Read more

2 Blog Posts