Menu

Health and Safety News

Occupational health and safety news and guidance

Blog posts : "community order"

Illegal gas fitter put lives in danger in Rochdale

25-09-2012

A Rochdale man has been sentenced after he put lives at risk by illegally carrying out gas work at three homes in the borough.

Paul Gregory was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) after he left a newly installed gas hob in a condition classified as 'immediately dangerous' at one…

Read more

Builder sentenced for unsafe work after death of couple

24-07-2012

A self-employed builder has been fined £75,000 and ordered to undertake community service after work he carried out on an elderly couple's home resulted in their death from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Mohammed Jamil had been contracted to carry out work on the garage roof at the home of husba…

Read more

Unregistered gas installer prosecuted

30-04-2012

An unregistered gas installer was caught illegally carrying out work on a house in Newark.

Mr Phillip Birchmore, trading as PSB Plumbing and Heating, capped off a gas supply at the property in August 2010.  He then removed one boiler and hung a replacement boiler on the wall. Concerns were rais…

Read more

Wigan landlord sentenced over gas safety risk

29-04-2012

A Wigan landlord has been prosecuted for putting the life of a tenant at risk by falsifying a gas safety document.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) took legal action against Terence McBride after it discovered he had changed the dates on the record for an annual gas safety check to suggest…

Read more

Unregistered gas fitter's work put people at risk

28-03-2012

gas safe registerA Wrexham-based gas fitter has been sentenced after installing and illegally servicing equipment which could have resulted in harm to the tenants and landlord of a Wrexham property.

Wrexham Magistrates' Court sentenced Mr Neil Lloyd to a 12-month community order that includes 150 hours of unpaid …

Read more

Bradford man prosecuted for illegal gas work

09-02-2012

A gas fitter from Bradford has been sentenced after leaving an elderly woman at risk when he fitted a new boiler at her home.

Gareth Harland, of Milligan Avenue, carried out the work between 19 and 27 February at the woman's home but failed to seal the flue to the building. Unhappy with the work, th…

Read more

Milton Keynes plumber put lives at risk with illegal gas work

10-01-2012

A plumber who put a householder at risk by illegally installing and working on a gas boiler has been sentenced.

Trading as C&H Services, Christopher Johnson, 45, installed a new gas boiler in the kitchen of a residential property in Fairfield Road, Dunstable in April 2010.

He was called back …

Read more

7 Blog Posts