Twitter Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw (“Prize Draw”) promoter is www.HealthSafetyNews.co.uk (“HealthSafetyNews”).
- The Prize Draw will start at 18:00 (6pm) on Thursday 1 October 2015 and closes once we reach 10,000 Twitter followers for the @HealthSafety account.
- The Prize Draw is free to enter and open to UK residents with a Twitter account aged 18 or over, as of Thursday 1 October 2015, except those set out in Clause (4) below.
- HealthSafetyNews reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the promotion and any prize if awarded must be returned immediately.
- To automatically qualify for entry, entrants must be following @HealthSafety (“Qualifying Entries”).
- A total of one prize will become available: Once @HealthSafety has 10,000 followers, a prize draw will take place to win a copy of the book "Health and Safety, Environment and Quality Audits - A risk-based approach" by Stephen Asbury and Peter Ashwell. The winner will be selected at random from the Qualifying Entries using twitrand.com once the @HealthSafety account has 10,000 followers.
- Due to the nature of the prize draw and the fact that personal details are not captured, the winner will be announced on Twitter and notified by direct message via Twitter. The winner will be required to provide the following information to HealthSafetyNews within 96 hours of being informed that they have won: full name, age, phone number and residential address. Should HealthSafetyNews be unable to contact the winner within 96 hours of the relevant prize draw, the winner will forfeit their prize and a redraw will take place. HealthSafetyNews will take reasonable endeavours to contact the winner within 96 hours of the draw (during daytime hours (8am to 6pm) on any week day). The Judges’ decision is final.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. HealthSafetyNews reserves the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. Further, HealthSafetyNews reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Prize Draw (including altering the prizes). No communications will be entered into by HealthSafetyNews regarding this.
- The winner may be requested to participate in related publicity for HealthSafetyNews, including his/her name and general location being used in any and all media.
- Under no circumstances will HealthSafetyNews be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Prize Draw or any prize connected with the Prize Draw excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage caused to the winner/s and/or companion/s arising out of this prize.
- Acceptance of a Prize from the Prize Draw signifies acceptance of these terms. HealthSafetyNews also reserves the right to amend the Prize Draw terms at any time. These terms will be governed by English law.