Shengxuan Company Ltd has been fined after workers and the public were exposed to asbestos in a Leicestershire village.
The Health and Safety Executives's investigation found the firm had not made its workers aware of the dangers of asbestos and had not given them any training in how to recognise or deal with it. A prohibition notice was served, stopping all work until the problem was rectified.
The company pleaded guilty to breaching Regulations 11(1)(a) and 16 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 and was fined £4,000 by Loughborough magistrates. The company was also ordered to pay full costs of £2,100.
View the HSE Press Release for further details.