Menu

Health and Safety News

Occupational health and safety news and guidance

Oxford landlord fined for failing to meet basic gas safety regulations

01-02-2012

An Oxford landlord has been fined for endangering the lives of his tenants after consistently failing to provide safety records for gas appliances at a property he rented out in Didcot.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuted William Edwards, 42, of Oxford, for breaching three charges under the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.

Oxford Magistrates’ Court heard that Mr Edwards rented out a property in Hamble Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire. In February 2011, HSE was informed by a Housing Officer with South Oxfordshire District Council, that the property had no Landlord's Gas Safety Check Record (LGSCR).

William Edwards of Lytton Road, Florence Park, Oxford, pleaded guilty to breaching two counts of Regulation 36(3)(a) of the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998. He was fined £2,000 and ordered to pay costs of £2,179. He was also given a conditional discharge of 12 months.

Read more...

Go Back

Comment