Menu

Health and Safety News

Occupational health and safety news and guidance

High Wycombe landlord prosecuted for putting tenants' lives at risk

25-05-2011

A landlord has been fined after an investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found he failed to ensure gas fittings, including a wall mounted boiler, at a property he rented out, were safe.

The HSE reports that Mr Asif Azam of Whitelands Road, High Wycombe, plead guilty at Aylesbury Crown Court and was fined a total of £800 for contravening regulations 36(2) and 36(3)(a) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 plus costs of £2,000.

Go Back

Comment