The drug manufacturer has pleaded not guilty to charges related to the 2008 death of lab technician Roland Daigle. Daigle, 46, died in hospital about 18 hours after his shift at the lab. He had been working with trimethylsilyldiazomomethane which is toxic if inhaled.
The biggest health risk posed by workplace injuries is not the injury itself, or returning to work too quickly, but not returning to work quickly enough, a new report reveals.
A North Yorkshire company making innovative machinery fitted with the latest safety devices failed to protect its own workers from the risk of injury as they manufactured them, magistrates were told today.