The Heath and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuted Mr Lee Hampshire, trading as LH Heating and Plumbing, for carrying out gas work and falsely claiming to be registered with the industry registration scheme (Gas Safe Register).
Chester Crown Court heard that, on 11 August 2009, Mr Hampshire made several errors when installing the boiler at the domestic property. One fault was classed as 'immediately dangerous', which led to the gas supply being disconnected.
Lee Hampshire, of 69 Marion Road, Prestatyn, Denbighshire pleaded guilty to breaching Section 3(2) and Section 33(1) (g) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and four breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. He was sentenced to eight months' imprisonment.