A construction and building firm based in Bury St Edmunds was fined today after a worker's finger and thumb were amputated by a moulding machine.
David Head, 24, a bench joiner of Rubens Walk, Sudbury was shaping a piece of timber when it caught in the cutter and dragged his left hand into the blades.
G J Bream & Son Ltd of 30 St Andrews Street South, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, admitted breaching Section 2(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. The company was fined £10,000 and ordered to pay £4026.55 in costs.